“They are to do good, to be rich in good works, generous, and ready to share…” (1 Timothy 6:18)
Even though we are unable to bring the dead to life, as God can, and did through his Son, Jesus Christ, we can be the hands and voice of Jesus in the world.
What does this mean? Well, we can provide comfort, support, and care for others in need. We can even provide a helping hand or prayers and words of encouragement. God has blessed each of us with different gifts and talents. We start every day assured of God’s love, compassion, and forgiveness, expressed in the life, death and resurrection of his Son, Jesus Christ. What an awesome opportunity we have then to use our gifts to help and care for others, just as Jesus did and does!
Below are a number of ways in which you can become a part of Making a Difference in the lives of many through serving:
LCGS Caring Through Prayer
Please join LCGS Caring Through Prayer and share your prayer requests and/or become a LCGS Caring Through Prayer Partner.
Mats for the Homeless
What a wonderful ministry to help those who are homeless! We welcome everyone to come help.
Karing for Kids – Hazelwood Homeless Project
We collect clothing and personal items, and receive monetary donations to help with the needs of the homeless Hazelwood School families.
Feed My Starving Children
Hope starts with food. Feed My Starving Children is dedicated to providing nutritious meals to children worldwide.
The Holy Spirit moves through each of us in unique and amazing ways. Many other opportunities exist here at Good Shepherd for serving in worship, the upkeep of our facilities, etc. All are welcomed to serve through the following:
- Altar Guild
- Assisting Ministers
- Bread for the World
- Care Ministries – supports and strengthens the mission of Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd in the two ways:
- Commissioned Servers seek to bring Holy Communion to the homes and places of shut-ins and members who experience a temporary absence from worship.
- Transportation Ministry provides transportation to worship services and other church events for members who have limited means of making it to church.
- Communion Assistants
- Funeral Dinners
- Shepherd’s Choir
- Souper Bowl of Caring
- Spirit Alive Choir and Instrumental Ensemble
- WOGS (Women of Good Shepherd) – meet once a month September through November and January though June. All women of Confirmation age and above are part of WOGS and are welcome at all meetings and events, which include speakers, “just-for-fun” nights, and service projects. They serve regularly by collecting donations which go towards four different projects each year.